Discover the newest superfood of the stars, its health benefits AND cautions.
“Every leaf of kale your chew adds another stem to your tree of life.” Ancient Turkish Saying
Kale was once called the ‘poor people food’ but now it’s the new trend. Celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Woody Harrelson, and Gwyneth Paltrow are all eating kale to feel better and keep the ‘sleek physique’ needed for stardom.
It is one of the my top Powerfoods!
Did you know?
- There are over 50 varieties of kale
- National Kale Day is celebrated on the first Wednesday of October.
- Kale plants continue to produce late into winter. It is the perfect green for seasonal eating in fall or winter.
- Kale needs a frost to become sweeter. The frost converts some of plant’s starch into sugar.
- In Scotland, an invitation to “come to kale” was an invitation to dinner.
- An adult hippopotamus at Washington D.C.’s National Zoo eats 10 pounds of kale a day!