This tempeh sautéed with spices is a super easy dish to add to any vegan dinner. Tempeh is firmer and tastier than tofu with its nutty taste and texture and it is much healthier too making your meal full of easy to digest protein and vitamin B12.
All the ingredients in this meal are very healthy.
What I created was a healthy marinade without sugar as most of the recipes I see online do. Sugar and beans do not go well together as it makes the bean difficult to digest.
Now let’s make this special dinner.
First, cut up the tempeh.
Now get your spices ready, chop up the ginger and measure out the turmeric, paprika and cumin.
Next is to make the marinade with Bragg Liquid Aminos, water, stevia and the spices. Mix it all up until smooth.
The next thing to do is put the chopped up tempeh into the marinade and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
Here is the full recipe with all of the ingredients and directions. It is easy, give it a try.
Tempeh Sauteed with Spices and Garlic For a Vegan Dinner
- 8 oz or 227 gram packet organic tempeh
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Few drops of stevia
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 green onions chopped
- Cut the tempeh up into cubes
- Make your marinade.
- First put the turmeric, coriander, and ginger into a bowl.
- Now add the water, stevia and Braggs Aminos to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Now toss the tempeh into the marinade.
- Marinade for 30 min to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Chop up the garlic.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the tempeh and garlic and saute, stirring frequently.
- Saute for 10 to 12 minutes until well browned and fragrant.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of green onions on top.
You can add some cayenne to the marinating mixture.
While you are making this you can steam some vegetables, which is what I did to make a full dinner. I mixed in the tempeh to the cooked vegetables and it was delicious.