This special occasion vegetarian dinner is easy to prepare and a balanced meal in terms of acid/alkaline and food combining. The most time-consuming is the nut loaf but it is so delicious that it is worth it and does not take as much time as cooking a turkey. Also, it is full of protein from all of the nuts and seeds…even my non-vegetarian friends and family like it.
½ cup cashews
½ cup almonds
10 almonds for decoration
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup short-grain brown rice
1/3 cup soy flour
4-6 tbsp soya sauce
2 pieces of celery
¼ cup water
2 tsp basil
2 tsp. marjoram
2 tbsp flax meal
1. Lightly roast the cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in the oven.
2. Chop and sauté the onion and celery.
3. Chop all of the nuts and seeds.
4. Mix all of the ingredients together and moisten with water.
5. Pat the mixture into a well-oiled bread tin.
6. Decorate the top of the loaf with 10 almonds and line the bottom of the tin with greaseproof paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
Serve with my mushroom or onion gravy.
Usually, the problem with cranberry sauce is that it is full of sugar. Here is my version of the popular Cranberry Sauce without any sugar which is no easy thing when it comes to cranberries as they are so tart.
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Package whole organic cranberries fresh, not frozen
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp liquid stevia
- pinch Himalayan salt
- Put all of the ingredients into a saucepan and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Taste and add more Stevia or Brown Rice Syrup if you like it sweeter.
Nutritional Tips: Cranberries are high in vitamin C, and have antioxidant and antibacterial effects on the body. Find out more about all their health benefits here: Cranberry Benefits
In clinical studies, cranberries have been shown to help maintain a healthy urinary tract and be especially beneficial to the eyes (significantly improve symptoms of cataracts, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy)
Asparagus with Lemon Juice Recipe
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- spike seasoning to taste
- Wash and trim the asparagus. Cut the asparagus diagonally into 2-inch lengths.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over low heat.
- Add the asparagus, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Spike seasoning to taste, stir, and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, stir well.
- Now serve and enjoy your Asparagus With Lemon Juice.
Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy Nutritional Tips: Asparagus is full of nutrients!
It is a very good source of vitamin K, the B vitamin folate, vitamin C, vitamin A and also numerous B vitamins (B1, B2, B3 and B6) as well manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium and protein. Read all about the Health Benefits of Asparagus We use asparagus in our Spring Cleanse BootCamp!
Nutritional Tips: Asparagus is full of nutrients! It is a very good source of vitamin K, the B vitamin folate, vitamin C, vitamin A and also numerous B vitamins (B1, B2, B3, and B6) as well as manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and protein.
Here is a simple dish to make and have in the oven at the same time as your nut loaf.
BAKED SQUASH WITH VEGETABLES
1 medium squash
2 sweet potatoes
2 medium carrots
10 very small onions
3 – 7 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
1 tsp rosemary
3 tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
Salt to taste
1. Cut carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and squash into 2-inch pieces.
2. Remove skins from onions and leave whole.
3. Place all vegetables in a glass casserole dish.
4. Mix in sliced garlic, rosemary, vegetable oil, and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake in 450º F. oven for 35 to 45 minutes until tender.
6. Stir occasionally while baking.
Note: If you want to become skilled at making your own healthy meals check out our Healthy Weekend Web BootCamps or for more in-depth training for a month . You are guided by the knowledge and skills so that you become very confident. These have the focus and achievement of a gritty outdoor boot-camp but from the comfort of your home.
Different BootCamps focuses on different areas of health.