Starting the day with a healthy breakfast is important and this muesli with figs does just that. The ingredients are all very nutritious and to top it off it is very filling.
Muesli with Figs
- 2 cups steel-cut rolled oats
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup figs sliced, if using fresh ones only put them in just before eating
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir until every ingredient is distributed in the mix.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serve with almond milk, coconut milk.
Soak it in your choice of milk or water overnight.
Add water to a pot with 1/2 cup muesli and cook till soft.
Find out more about the healthy ingredients I use:
Here are more tasty fig recipes: