Cornmeal muffins are yummy and full of healthy ingredients and also gluten and egg free. You will be amazed at how sweet they are since there is no added sugar!
This recipe uses chickpea flour, one of the many egg substitutes you could choose from.
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup brown rice flour
¼ cup soya flour or chickpea flour*
¼ cup arrowroot or potato flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt or (Himalayan salt)
¼ cup oil
½ tsp light stevia
1½ cups almond, rice or coconut milk
½ lemon juiced
1 tsp lemon rind
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup dates, chopped
Plus oil for muffin tin
- Mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Mix in walnuts and dates
- Add oil, milk and lemon juice.
- Mix just until all the liquid is absorbed – do not over mix. The cornmeal muffin mixture may be a bit lumpy which is okay.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Enjoy your cornmeal muffins with a healthy beverage.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
Cornmeal Porridge – This is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush. Here is the basic version which can be dressed up however you please.
Gluten Free and Vegan Cornmeal Pancakes – This recipe is my version of pancakes without the milk or eggs.
Note: If you are considering going gluten-free
- Read: Can a Gluten Free Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Listen to a Healthy & Gluten Free Baking Radio Interview with Diana
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten-free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.
- Consider doing one of my Healthy Online Courses. All of the recipes for the courses are gluten-free.