Cornmeal muffins are yummy and full of healthy ingredients and also gluten and egg-free. You will be amazed at how sweet they are since there is no added sugar! This recipe uses chickpea flour, one of the many egg substitutes you could choose from.
I started making these muffins many many years ago and still look forward to a batch of them.
Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup brown rice flour
¼ cup soya flour or chickpea flour*
¼ cup arrowroot or potato flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt or (Himalayan salt)
¼ cup oil
½ tsp light stevia
1½ cups almond, rice or coconut milk
½ lemon juiced
1 tsp lemon rind
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup dates, chopped
Plus oil for muffin tin
- Mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
- Mix in walnuts and dates
- Add oil, milk and lemon juice.
- Mix just until all the liquid is absorbed – do not over mix. The cornmeal muffin mixture may be a bit lumpy which is okay.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into oiled muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
Enjoy your cornmeal muffins with a healthy beverage.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
More Cornmeal Recipes
Cornmeal Porridge – This is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush. Here is the basic version which can be dressed up however you please.
Gluten Free and Vegan Cornmeal Pancakes – This recipe is my version of pancakes without the milk or eggs.
Tasty Gluten-Free Egg-Free Recipes
All the recipes at Real Food For Life are egg-free, so I use a variety of replacements. Here are a few of my favourite Vegan and Gluten-Free desserts, which also only use just a tiny amount, healthy sweeteners.
Apple Cake – This apple cake is gluten-free, vegan and without all that white sugar is my kind of cake. It is egg free too which is important as eggs are not good for me. Also, it is delicious.
Hermit Cookies – These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. The best thing is that they are full of very healthy ingredients and are vegan too as I use an egg substitute. They do have a bit of a drier texture than the ones with wheat in them but don’t be concerned and are still yummy.
Sweet Plum Cake– I love this healthy sweet plum cake that is gluten-free, dairy-free and egg free cake. For me, it is also important that there are no unhealthy sugars and any healthy sugars be in small quantities. Being vegan is important to me. This is why I create recipes like the one below. Enjoy.
Indian Pudding Is Traditional, Vegan and So Yummy – This traditional Indian pudding is an old favourite of mine that I make vegan. Indian pudding is not the most beautiful of desserts but it is for sure tasty. Some people like to call it Native Indian but it seems like Indian pudding is the name for it still all over the internet.
Note: If you are considering going gluten-free
- Read: Can a Gluten-Free Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Listen to a Healthy & Gluten-Free Baking Radio Interview with Diana
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten-free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten-Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten-Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.
- Consider doing one of my Healthy Online Courses. All of the recipes for the courses are gluten-free.