These gluten-free vegan cornmeal pancakes are still delicious without the milk or eggs. Good news is that if you are honoring Lent you can still eat them.
Whenever I make these pancakes no one seems to notice the lack of those two ingredients even those who are not following a dairy free diet or not needing to be gluten-free or vegan.
Gluten-Free Vegan Cornmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal *
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- Plus almond oil for frying pancakes in
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
3. Pour water and oil into the center.
4. Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
5. Mix only until moistened – taking care, not to over-mix (small lumps are normal).
6. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the batter into a hot oiled frying pan.
7. Fry on medium heat.
8. Turn when bubbles form on top and brown the other side.
9. Serve them on a plate with a healthy and tasty syrup. Try the Orange Syrup on your Cornmeal Pancakes.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
Also: Honey Syrup
More Cornmeal Gluten-Free Recipes
Cornmeal Porridge – This is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush. Here is the basic version which can be dressed up however you please.
Date Walnut Cornmeal Muffins -Gluten free-Vegan – These simple, yummy muffins are full of healthy ingredients. They are also gluten-free. You will be amazed how sweet they are since there is no added sugar!
Note: If you are considering going gluten-free
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten-free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.