This recipe really is my version of pancakes as you will notice that it has no milk or eggs in it. I developed it when I was unable to eat eggs or milk at all due to food sensitivities. Interestingly whenever I make these pancakes no one seems to notice the lack of these two ingredients.
This is perhaps one of the only recipes that have wheat flour in it at this moment. I heard that this type of wheat is healthy for those of us who are not able to eat gluten. It didn’t seem to cause any problems in me. I apologize if this doesn’t work with you. I am working on a wheatless version. Here is a link to a gluten-free pancake recipe
1/2 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup Soft White Whole wheat flour
1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or soy flour*
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
4 tsp. baking powder
1 cup water
1/4 cups dandelion syrup
1/2 cup dandelion flowers (yellow part only)
Almond oil for frying
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Pour water into the center.
- Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
- Mix only until moistened – taking care not to over mix (small lumps are normal).
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the batter into a hot oiled frying pan.
- Fry on medium heat.
- Turn when bubbles form on top and brown the other side.
- Serve with dandelion syrup which you will have to make ahead of time.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
Other recipes with dandelion flowers:
And a Tasty Gluten-free Pancake Recipe