I just love walnuts! They add extra nutrition, flavor and crunch to any meal.
9 Benefits of Walnuts:
- Omega-3 fatty acids, thought to reduce risk of cancer (1/4 cup provides 90.8% of the daily value for these essential fats).
- Filled with good protein; a small serving has more protein than an egg.
- rich source of minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium).
- Antioxidants, yet are have not trans fats or cholesterol.
- Walnuts along with pecans and chestnuts have the highest antioxidant content of the tree nuts, with walnuts delivering more than 20 mmol antioxidants per 3 ounces (100 grams)
- Are high in vitamin E.
- Are excellent for the heart and circulatory system. (many studies prove this)
- packed with Vitamin B (riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates).
- Dr Oz says they are his favorite as long as they are soaked.