How to Cook Perfect Millet
Millet – the Alkalizing Grain!
Some people think it is a little tasteless but it doesn’t have to be!
What learned in my hippie day was to lightly toast it before cooking. This gives it a richer nutty flavour. Millet has thus become a favourite grain of mine!
1 cup millet
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Add millet to a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Dry sauté on medium heat till golden brown, stirring constantly. NOTE: If you hear a POPPING noise, your heat is too high.
- Add water and sea salt.
- Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes, till all the water is absorbed (millet should be dry).
- OR this only works on an electric stove. Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Leave on an electric stove burner that you have been cooking on with lid on (do not peek) Leave for 30 minutes; all the water will be absorbed (millet should be dry).
- Eat.Read all the health benefits of this gluten-free, alkalizing grain
Enjoy other recipes: