Millet – the Alkalizing Grain!
Some people think it is a little tasteless but it doesn’t have to be!
What learned in my hippie day was to lightly toast it before cooking. This gives it a richer nutty flavour. Millet has thus become a favourite grain of mine!
1 cup millet
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Add millet to a pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Dry sauté on medium heat till golden brown, stirring constantly. NOTE: If you hear a POPPING noise, your heat is too high.
- Add water and sea salt.
- Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes, till all the water is absorbed (millet should be dry).
- OR this only works on an electric stove. Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Leave on an electric stove burner that you have been cooking on with lid on (do not peek) Leave for 30 minutes; all the water will be absorbed (millet should be dry).
- Eat.Read all the health benefits of this gluten free, alkalizing grain
Enjoy other recipes:
Millet Pudding tasty and healthy!
Millet and Buckwheat With Sunflower Seeds the buckwheat gives the mild millet an extra zing!
Millet Porridge – Vegan & Gluten Free easy to make and yummy.
Millet is just ONE of the foods you will learn to use properly at my Weekend Web Alkalizing Bootcamp
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you
once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals
with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.