This recipe produces one of the healthiest chocolate treats you will find. It also tastes better than the commercial stuff you end up buying! This is one of the few chocolates that I make without any of the other healthy sugars and it is not for everyone. Only those who like very dark chocolate will appreciate the flavour.
I use healthy ingredients for all of my chocolate:
Coconut oil -Coconut oil once thought as a heart disease-causing saturated fat is now been proclaimed ‘the healthiest oil on earth.’ Discover how this transformation came about and the top 12 benefits of this newly declared an Amazing SuperFood.
Stevia – The stevia plant is incredibly sweet and also incredibly good for you. The leaf is 30 times sweeter than sugar while extracts are 300-400 times sweeter.
Walnuts – I love walnuts! My mom loved to cook with them because they add flavour and crunch to any meal. Now I know that walnuts are also highly nutritious, so much so that I consider them a superfood.
Walnut Dark Chocolate Bar
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (approx. 112gm)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp light liquid stevia*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or sultanas
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or carefully in a saucepan.
- Heat until all the chocolate and coconut oil is melted.
- Add the stevia.
- Mix in the vanilla extract after removing from heat.
- Line an 8-inch square pan or bread tin with parchment paper.
- Evenly sprinkle the walnuts and raisins in the pan.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the raisins and walnuts.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut it into squares.
- Store the chocolate in a covered container. It can also be stored in a refrigerator or freezer if desired.
* Sunny Dew is the best stevia to use for these recipes.
Here is another dark chocolate recipe that is a little less intense!
Cherry Pecan Dark Chocolate Bar – This is a totally decadent chocolate that everyone loves that I gave samples to. This is just one of the recipes from the Chocolate Project where I carefully teach you how to make all the healthy chocolate you would ever want.
Give Healthy Chocolate as Gifts for Your Family and Friends.
Learn how to make an assortment of amazingly delicious chocolates that’s actually healthy for you. Each of them uses small quantities of healthy sugars such as honey, coconut sugar, rice syrup or agave syrup.
Check out the Healthy Chocolate Project