This is a very delicious nut loaf that is nutritious and a favourite of mine.
½ cup cashews
½ cup almonds
10 almonds for decoration
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup cooked, short grain brown rice
1/3 cup soy flour or chickpea flour
4 – 6 tbsp soy sauce or 1 – 2 tbsp veggie salt
2 celery sticks
¼ cup water
2 tsp basil
2 tsp. marjoram
2 tbsp flax meal
1. Lightly roast cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in the oven.
2. Chop and sauté onion and celery.
3. Chop all the nuts and seeds.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and moistening with water.
5. Pat mixture into a well-oiled bread tin.
6. Decorate top with 10 almonds and line bottom of tin with grease proof paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
More delicious ways to get nuts into your diet:
Brazil Nut Burgers– These tasty Brazil Nut Burgers are filled with healthy ingredients.
Cabbage Walnut Salad– This cabbage salad is so filling. Also, it is high in nutrients with a variety of vegetables in it which makes it very good for you too.
Delicious Raw Trail Mix– This is a very yummy mixture.