I like the old fashioned oats as they have a fuller flavour and are healthier. You can eat this as a raw meal or make it into regular porridge. As they take longer to cook; I often soak them overnight but you do not have to.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge
- Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a cereal bowl.
- Let them sit over night.
- In the morning add a little salt, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
- Enjoy your simple already made breakfast.
- Put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan.
- Let them sit over night; if you can.
- In the morning add a little salt.
- Bring to a boil then turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary.
- Done this way, it is as fast as quick cooking oats and the bonus is the sultanas are plumb and juicy.
- Pour into a cereal bowl.
- On top put coconut oil and honey, then sprinkle cinnamon.
- Eat your warm oatmeal porridge.
If you did not get around to soaking overnight: Simply put oatmeal, water and sultanas in a saucepan, bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary. Serve with extras on top.
Makes: 1 serving
Note: A more general oatmeal recipe can be seen at : Perfect Oatmeal Porridge