This Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge & Sultanas makes a great start to your day. I like the old-fashioned oats as they have a fuller flavour and are healthier. You can eat this as a raw meal or make it into regular porridge. As they take longer to cook; I often soak them overnight but you do not have to.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge Ingredients:
If you want gluten-free oats, here is a very good one Harvest Gluten Free Organic Rolled Old Fashioned Oats which is good for cooked oatmeal porridge. For making a crumble, it is better to have one like this: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
Adding a few raisins, or sultanas that are unsweetened and unsulfured adds some more sweetness to this mix. Raisins are a healthy, tasty food when eaten in moderation. They are a good source of nutrients and add a tasty sweetness to desserts and snacks. According to Medical News Today, they have many health benefits.
Time to make Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge.
Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats rolled oats can also be used
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp raisins or sultanas
- pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or shredded coconut if eating uncooked
- Put oatmeal, water, and sultanas in a cereal bowl.
- Let them sit over night.
- In the morning add a little salt, shredded coconut, and cinnamon.
- Enjoy your simple already made breakfast.
- Put the oatmeal, water, and sultanas in a saucepan.
- Let them sit overnight; if you can.
- In the morning add a little salt to the pot.
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer, stirring frequently till thick, adding more water if necessary.
- Done this way, it is as fast as quick-cooking oats and the bonus is the sultanas are plump and juicy.
- Pour into a cereal bowl.
- Top the oatmeal with the coconut oil and honey, then sprinkle cinnamon.
- Enjoy your warm oatmeal cinnamon porridge.
Makes: 1 serving of Oatmeal Cinnamon Porridge
One more oatmeal porridge recipe can be seen here:
Perfect Oatmeal Porridge Is Full of Health Benefits For You To Enjoy – Perfect Oatmeal porridge has been a traditional breakfast food for hundreds of years. On a winter day, it is so warming to have a steaming bowl of porridge with raisins. In the summer I do not cook them just soak them; see my recipe below.
Here are some more porridge recipes to try:
Tasty Cornmeal Porridge– Cornmeal porridge is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush or I call it cornmeal porridge.
Quinoa Coconut Almond Porridge – This quinoa porridge is a more like having dessert for breakfast. It is high in protein and full of other important nutrients.
Millet porridge – This millet porridge is tasty, alkaline-forming, vegan and gluten-free!