Adding some alkaline steamed vegetables to your meal is a very healthy way to go. For a start, you will be eating many super foods. Also, creating a balanced meal with these alkaline forming vegetables.
Alkaline Steamed Vegetables Recipe
1 bunch of broccoli cut into flowers and the stems cut into sticks
1 small onion, cut quarters
1 small sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
A handful of sugar snap peas
1 red pepper, cut into slices
Bunch of Swiss Chard or spinach
Nori or dulse seaweed flakes optional
- Place all the vegetables except the Swiss chard or spinach, peas and red pepper in a steamer or a pot with a tight-fitting lid and ½ inch water.
- Steam until almost tender.
- Add Swiss chard sugar snap peas and red pepper.
- Steam for 2 – 3 minutes until tender.
- Serve with Miso Sauce on top.
- And sprinkle seaweed on top if desired.
Alkaline Nutritional Tip: Did you know Seaweed, Swiss Chard, Spinach, Onion, Miso, Sweet potato, Sugar Snap Peas, Red Pepper, Garlic, Kale, Beets and Broccoli are in the highest category of alkaline forming.
To learn more about creating a balance in your meals and snacks, check out the book I wrote here Balance Your Body