Green tea is the most popular (and some say effective) health drink in the world.
21. Switch to herbal or green tea. It has more benefits health wise then coffee. Good news is that is cheaper than coffee.
22. Eat more slowly. You will eat less as you’ll give your stomach time to register that it’s full keeping you from overeating.
23. Eliminate junk food. They are high in fat, high in calories and full of chemicals which are not good for your health. The heavy packaging isn’t environment friendly.
24. Walk up the stairs. If you work or live in a building, walking up the stairs is a great way to get a work out.
25. Make meals at home instead of going out. Homemade meals are healthier the restaurant meals and of course will you save money.
26. Stop buying bottled water. Keep drinking water, just stop buying water in bottles. Use reusable bottles and stop polluting the world with plastic.
27. Eat a wide variety of foods. This will give a balanced diet full of nutrients.
28. Take breaks. Whether you are working around the house or at work the whole day it is important to take a few short breaks throughout the day to relax.
29. Practice portion control. You will be healthier and save money.
30. Read food labels. Foods can appear to be healthier than they are.
31. Out your cell phone away in the evenings. Your body will love it and it will give you more time to be in the moment.
32. Learn to meditate. Create space within and it will relax you too.
33. Write a letter to someone you love. Nourish your connections with friends and family for longevity.
34. Catch that negative thought before it rules. See where it is coming from so that you can naturally replace it with something positive.
35. Take a long Epsom salt bath. This will clean out the toxins which if left in the body makes us old sooner.
36. Donate what you do not need to charities, homeless and shelters. Not only will it be useful for them but you will create space in your home.
37. Make healthy choices for disease prevention rather than treatment when possible. Your body will thank you.
38. Expand your foods by trying something new. That new vegetable or fruit or nut or…..may become a favourite.
39. Make sure you schedule in time for ‘you’ every day. It will be nourishing.
40. Clear the clutter in one place in your home. Make space for the new.
41. Phone an old friend to catch up. Our friendships need nourishment.
42. In the summer go camping. Connect with the earth and yourself for a healing experience.
43. Cook a healthy meal for a special friend. Sharing food is nourishing especially when it is healthy.
44. Create a vision board with friends. It is fun to do and puts you in touch with what you would love to see happen in this life.
45, Learn to tango or jive. Good exercise and you will make new friends.
46. Practice deep breathing. Doing this first thing in the day and last thing at night will keep you healthier, more relaxed and focused.
47. Grow your own organic vegetables or herbs. It is fun watching them grow and you get to eat fresh food.
48. Take a dog for a walk. It can be your neighbor’s dog. Dogs like all the walks they can get.
49. Keep a journal. This is a great way to reflect about your life and a good safe place to have rant.
50. Fill your life with positive people. Let go of those who are draining you if you can.