It is important to learn some water drinking tips to be very healthy. We all know our bodies need ENOUGH water to live but HOW we drink our water can also have a big effect on our health.
Proper drinking of water can help with good digestion and also acid/alkaline balance. Either of these can make the difference between you enjoying good health and suffering! And it is a FREE thing we can do. No cost is involved.
9 Water Drinking Tips For your Good Health
1. First thing in the morning: drink 2-3 cups of pure warm water or room temperature after your night of fasting.
- Drink as much as feels good. If you feel nauseous do not continue to drink.
- It is important that the water has nothing in it so that it passes through right away. If it contains anything at all (not even lemon juice), it will stay in your stomach up to one hour not going into cleansing mode.
- The water will flush your kidneys and bladder cleanout fasting debris from your stomach and colon.
- Prepares the stomach for food by stimulating the glands on its walls. Drink warm or hot water as it is gentler on the empty stomach.
2. This water should be warm, not hot and not cold. Cold water is shocking to a warm stomach. In fact very hot or very cold is never a good idea. Those who continually drink very hot drinks are more likely to develop throat cancer and digestive difficulties.
“Very cold, or very hot drinks are not usually good for the digestive system at any time. When they vary too greatly from body temperatures, they may cause shock to the system. Dentists warn against very cold food or liquids on the teeth. Physicians note that those who are habituated to very hot drinks are more likely to develop throat cancer and digestive difficulties.” – Dr. Raymond Moore
3. Avoid drinking right before a meal. Drink between meals if needed but wait for 1 – 2 hours before drinking anything.
4. For those with any constipation problems, it is useful to drink 1 or 2 cups of warm water before bed.
5. Tap water has chemicals added it is best to drink purified water. Chlorinated water can destroy nutrients your body needs, such as Vitamin A, B, C and E, and fatty acids. Some chronic skin conditions like eczema, acne, and psoriasis may clear up or improve by simply switching to unchlorinated drinking water. Buy a good filter. They don’t have to be expensive.
Let’s make sure we are drinking healthy water and learn what is in our water. Unregulated Chemicals in Tap Water Is Not Good For Us!
The 21 contaminants detected were found to be mostly in low concentrations in treated drinking water from at least nine of the utilities. Eighteen of the chemicals are not regulated under the federal Safe Drinking Water Act thus utilities do not have to meet any limit or even monitor for them.
I have been filtering my water ever since I found out about fluoride being added to our water.
Here is the water filter I am using and very happy with it. The only way to remove fluoride is to use a reverse osmosis system and some are better than others. When I did my research this is the one I decided on.
APEC Water System, 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
One of the problems with reverse osmosis is that it removes the minerals. To solve that what you need is to add a filter to remineralize the water. Here is the one I found.
iSpring FA15 10-inch Inline 3-Layer Alkaline Replacement Water Filter Cartridge with Mineral Balls, Calcite and Corosex
• Includes Mineral Stone and Calcite
• Improves the taste of RO water by adding minerals
• Raises pH by 0.5-0.8
• Can be added to any under-sink water filter or RO system
• Updated FA15 Alkaline Mineral Filters are built with a secure push-fit quick connection. It allows faster filter replacement. If you have trouble installing the filters, please refer to the user manual or contact us.
6. Eliminate plastic bottles, pour your water in a glass or metal bottle, so it’ll be free of plastic contaminants, the main one Bisphenol A called BPA that is harmful to the body.
So what is BPA?
“Some research has shown that BPA can seep into food or beverages from containers that are made with BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children. It can also affect children’s behavior. Additional research suggests a possible link between BPA and increased blood pressure.” ~ Mayo Clinic
A survey by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found 93% of urine samples taken from people above the age of six had BPA in it.
High urinary BPA levels are associated with prostate cancer.
The Journal Toxicology reviewed hundreds of studies on two dozen different BPA substitutes. Their conclusion is some have toxic effects similar to or lower than BPA.
We need to do our bit by Saving Water for the Environment – Past, Present & Hopefully the Future and cut down on polluting our earth, see what ‘WE’ have created: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
7. Slowly decrease the amount of packaged juices you drink while increasing water intake. Fresh juice is fine to drink. Packaged juices tend to have chemicals that are deposited in our bodies with detrimental health effects.
8. Eliminate soft drinks as they tend to have acid content that negatively impacts the teeth and mouth.
A survey found that fizzy soda is linked to cardiac arrest! Most of us already know that fizzy soda drinks (Coke, Pepsi, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew etc) are not healthy beverages, but did you know that they can be deadly? Learn more: Fizzy Soda Pop Deadly?
Colas have been shown to reduce calcification and increase osteoporosis in adults. – Did Coke Make America Fat?
9. Herbal teas are acceptable to include its volume as part of the water quota to be drunk at that time.
Try these herbal teas:
Savoury Sage Tea for Your Memory
Fresh Mint Tea is Refreshing and Energizing
Basil Tea Is Helpful For When You Have Nausea
Chinese Herbal Teas – My favourite teas that I drink everyday as they helped me to be healthier. They are made from Chinese herbal formulas developed thousands of years ago. These teas gently nourish the cleansing systems of our body. Let me know if you would like to learn more about them.
A Few Healthy Beverages For You
Sugar-Free Lemon Aid: the easy fast way to alkalize your body.
Sparking Cucumber Lemon Water: Cooling and refreshing!
Wonderful Watermelon Juice: So easy so yummy!