I love pomegranate juice and decided to make it in a blender rather than a juicer for two reasons. This is because it is easier but mostly because when the seeds are totally broken down in a juicer they add bitterness to the juice. This is avoided when you do it in a blender. You will see how that works when you follow the recipe.
This is a very healthy juice! It is so much better when you make it fresh at home and do not add any sugar or preservatives.
Pomegranates are a tasty superfood full of healthy nutrients and health benefits. Research has shown that pomegranates can help with a number of health concerns such as high blood pressure, cancer, helps with memory and they are even an aphrodisiac.
Most of us already know that our tap water is filled with unregulated chemicals! And many of us always filter it before drinking it. I have for decades. I use filtered water for this pomegranate juice.
Now let’s make some pomegranate juice!
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- After washing the pomegranate, cut the crown portion on top. Cut through the outer skin from the top to the bottom on two sides thinly, now tear the fruit into half and remove the seeds from it.
- Put 1 cup pomegranate seeds in a blender with 1/2 cup water.
- Do not put on to blend, start by pushing the pulse button a few times; this will help the outside part of the seeds to release their juice.
- Best not to blend it because when the seeds break, the juice turns bitter.
- Once you have the juice out of the seeds, use a strainer to sieve the juice out of the pulp.
- Use a big spoon to press pulp to extract as much juice as possible.
- Discard the remaining pulp and seeds (or mix some salt with it and enjoy it alone).
- Drink and enjoy right away to get as many nutrients as you can.
I hoped you enjoyed my pomegranate juice recipe.
Here are a couple of very yummy pomegranate recipes for you too.
Creamy Pomegranate Smoothie This pomegranate smoothie is the simply delicious way to get an abundance of nutrients into our diet. The addition of coconut milk and chia seeds create a creamy drink full of health benefits. It is very easy to make for breakfast.
Exotic Meal of Quinoa with Pomegranate and Cashews – What an exotic delicious combination this quinoa with pomegranate and cashews dish is! Also, it is a very filling meal full of nutrients. The good news is that it is exceptionally easy to make in minutes.
And Healthy Juice Recipes
These are all made with healthy delicious superfoods. Also, they do not have added sugars, the fruits are sweet enough.
Watermelon Juice Is Delicious On a Hot Day – Watermelon juice is so delicious on a hot summer day. This is a very simple juice to make. It is much healthier for you than a soft drink.
Healthy Homemade Grapefruit Juice – The best grapefruit juice is homemade grapefruit juice. Store-bought grapefruit juice with sugar and added preservatives are not healthy.
Sweet Grape Juice Freshly Made in a Blender – Grape juice can easily be made at home in a blender. Try this fresh version and you’ll never go back to drinking grape juice bought in a jar from the supermarket.