This brown rice pudding and the creamy sauce that goes with it, is sugar-free, dairy-free, and egg-free and it tastes great! It is a favorite dessert of mine that has gone through many changes through the years.
I often do not even bake it; just cook it on top of the stove in a pot until it is the consistency I like.
1 cup short grain brown rice, uncooked
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups rice, almond or soy milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
1 tsp. – 2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sultana raisins
1/2 cup dates, chopped
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Cook rice.
- Mix cooked rice in a glass baking dish with remaining ingredients except for cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 400º for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve with “Cream Sauce” on top.
Serves 4 big servings or 8 small ones.
1 1/4 cup rice, almond or soy milk
3/4 cup apple juice
3 tbsp. arrowroot
2 tbsp. coconut oil or butter
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add lemon juice and coconut oil.
- Serve on top of Brown Rice Pudding.
If you try this recipe, please comment below and let others know how it worked out!
Or do you have a favorite healthy recipe that you would like to share? Please do so below. We may even use it in our coming recipe book and give you recognition!
Copyright © Diana HerringtonYou are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.