Nachos were one of my favorites when I was simply a vegetarian because you could find them without the beef. When I became vegan, nachos were no longer on the menu. All that cheese just does not work for me.
Easy Cheezy Vegan Nachos
2 cups tortilla chips
1 cup black beans, cooked
1 cup Vegan Cheese Sauce
1 avocado, diced (tossed in fresh lemon juice)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tomatoes, diced
1 lime, sliced
10 sliced olives
1 medium red onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, chopped finely (optional)
- Arrange tortilla chips on a large serving platter.
- Warm up cheese sauce.
- Drizzle on top of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle black beans on top.
- In a bowl, mix together avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, olives and jalapeno.
- Now sprinkle this mixture on top of the beans.
- Dollop on some Vegan Sour Cream and garnish with slices of lime.
These recipes make delicious snacks or appetizers:
Not-Cheese Sauce (Vegan) – This sauce works great with Nachos!
Great Yogurt Dip – This yogurt dip is nutritious with no additives that you get in store-bought dips. Also, it is simple and easy to make.
Guacamole Recipe – It is easy to make this and so delicious too!
Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus – This is a traditional Middle Eastern Hummus dip; it is a blend of garbanzo beans, garlic, olive oil, and tahini. A great dip for a party or picnic. Who doesn’t enjoy delicious hummus? The other great thing about this dip is that it is dairy free and gluten free too.