Carrots – forget about Vitamin A pills. With this orange crunchy superfood, you get Vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits including beautiful skin, cancer prevention, and anti-aging.
Olive oil was referred to as “Liquid Gold” by the famous Greek poet Homer. If you are what you eat, what would happen if you consumed “Liquid Gold” daily? Extra-virgin olive oil (cold-pressed) is the best fat to use as a salad dressing. Do not use for cooking. It has a low smoke point and heat makes it susceptible to oxidative damage. Olive oil has so many health benefits I include some every day when I eat my salad. Make sure you are using real olive oil. Have you heard of the olive oil fraud? Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy.
Have you heard of the olive oil fraud?
Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy
Lemons’ health benefits are immense. To begin they are acidic to the taste but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact, they are one of the most alkaline-forming superfoods; this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. Also, they are full of many health benefits.
1 Tbsp olive oil – nourishes and cleans the skin
1 lemon – astringent and acidic. This maintains the acid mantel of your skin which keeps in moisture and keeps out germs.
- Peel the carrots and steam them until they are soft.
- Mash the carrots into a creamy consistency.
- Mix in 1 tbsp. of all-natural honey.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture. Lemon is a natural astringent and will help clean greasy skin. If your skin tends to dry easily, add only 8 to 10 drops; if your skin tends to be oily, add up to 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Use a spoon to drop small amounts onto your hands and gently massage the mask onto your whole face for several minutes.
- You can keep it on for an additional 5 minutes.
- You can then just wash it off with water in a sink or easier – in the shower.
P.S. This is all food ingredients so after, whatever you don’t use on your face – you can eat!
P. S. S. If you go to a spa for this, it could cost $40 – $140!
The lemon juice which is acidic when used topically has an alkaline influence internally because of the specific minerals it contains.
More Masks For You To Try:
Randy’s Mango Mud Mask: with before and after photos
Mango Mud Mask: with proper directions. Just mango itself is great for your skin. It is astringent and nourishes the deeper layers of skin with its beta-carotene and Vitamin C. Adding the oatmeal and almonds gently exfoliates the skin. Natural skin care for a minimal price!
More Ways To Look and Feel Great
Want to have really glowing skin…... ALKALIZE
YOUR WHOLE BODY! Check out the Weekend Web Alkalize Your Body BootCamp!
Alkaline Diet Bootcamp Will Transform Your Health in a Weekend but just as important will give you the confidence and knowledge to easily maintain an alkaline body.
To get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods subscribe to my newsletter. You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.