Yummy maple glazed pecans are so delicious. This is a candy, so we want to just eat a few. The good news is that it uses a small amount of maple syrup instead of lots of sugar.
Exotic pecans are for sure one of my favourite nuts and they make a wonderful present. This is a very easy recipe to make and much healthier than the ones filled with white sugar.
Maple Glazed Pecans Recipe
1 cup raw pecans
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch Himalayan Salt
Optional: add ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Add pecans to a dry frying pan and toast until lightly browned over a medium flame for 3-4 minutes, always stirring.
2. Turn flame to low, add the coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes, until the maple syrup has caramelized on the pecans.
3. Leave in pan for a few more minutes.
4. Then spread the pecans out on a large plate.
5. Let them cool completely before eating because they taste better that way!
Try these other delicious ways to use pecans:
Cherry Pecan Dark Chocolate Bar – a totally decadent chocolate.
Baked Sweet Potatoes – baked sweet potatoes with coconut oil and pecans are a delicious combination.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts – an exceptionally tasty dish fit for a celebration meal.