Sesame oil is more than for stir frying; it is great for your hair and skin.
Let’s look at what it can do for your hair now. First I would like to say I haven’t done all of these yet but since doing my research on sesame oil for the hair I am beginning this week.
Some of benefits for your hair:
- Deep Conditioning of hair preventing split ends
- Prevents Scalp Problems
- Encourages Hair Growth
- Hair Darkening Qualities for premature greying of hair
- Natural Sunscreen to protect your hair
First, eat sesame seeds because they are packed with many nutrients which nourish the scalp and hair. Best to eat black sesame seeds that are a tonic for the liver and kidneys, and they help improve blood circulation so the nutrients are carried to all of the body which includes the skin and hair. Black sesame seeds are a good source of vitamin E, lecithin and protein which are to growing hair.
As good as this sounds, it will not happen overnight; it can take many weeks to many months to notice a difference in your hair. Patience is needed as is with any changes when improving nutrition in the diet.
- Deep Conditioning of hair preventing split ends: Sesame seed oil is a wonderful way to condition dry, damaged hair that is full of split ends or chemically treated. It will moisture and strengthen the hair; it will shine and be soft again.
- Prevents Scalp Problems: Sesame seeds are rich in replenishing vitamins, minerals and nutrients which are vital for healthy scalp. Massage your scalp with sesame seed oil; it will help moisten a dry, flaky scalp. Sesame seeds have antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help clear scalp infections, dandruff, and clogged pores that cause hair thinning and hair loss.
- Encourages Hair Growth: Essential fatty acids encourage hair growth and sesame seeds are full of them. When you massage warm sesame oil into your scalp it penetrates the scalp and nourishes it and thus increases blood circulation. The sesame oil feeds your hair roots and shafts encouraging the hair to grow.
- Hair Darkening Qualities for Premature Greying of Hair: Sesame seed oil has hair darkening qualities for brunette or black hair. It can be used with carrier oils like olive or almond oil to reap the maximum benefits.
- Natural Sunscreen: Protect you hair from the damaging effects of the sun’s ultraviolet rays by rubbing in sesame oil.