This salad is simple, nutritious and filled with flavour.
Lemon Juice or Umeboshi Vinegar
- Tear lettuce into pieces.
- Slice onion very thinly and chop finely, mixing together.
- Lightly toast Nori until it turns a green color and is crumbly.
- Mix in a few drops of olive oil with the lettuce.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and salt on lettuce and toss.
- Crumble Nori into the salad.
- Toss and serve.
Facts on Nori –
This seaweed is thin, and its oily iridescence reflects the colours of the rainbow. This is the most popular Seaweed for eating, both historically and today. We mostly know it from eating Maki Sushi.
Nori is high in protein, contains carbohydrates and almost no fat. It is rich in vitamins A, B2, niacin, B12, plus C and D.
It comes in sheets in a packages or dried granules that can be sprinkled on food either during cooking or at the table.
To learn more about seaweed go to this link: Prevent Radiation Poisoning with Seaweed – Ancient Powerfood