There are thousands of healthy foods on this planet but there are also thousands of unhealthy choices.
You can’t eliminate every bad food at once so I’ve listed the top ones to beware!
1. Oreo Cookies and Snickers
Why: Sugar and Chemicals
- Oreos are as addictive as cocaine! Eating the cookies activated more neurons in the rat brain’s pleasure center than drugs like cocaine. – Connecticut College study. Snickers: the most popular bar in America but deadly.
- One Snickers bar contains:
6.5 teaspoons sugar – (your blood only needs one) can trigger cravings
16.5g fat – puts extra pressure on your heart
296 calories – a bar a day will add 31 pounds in a year
- Sugar is not a food! It depresses your immune system, is full of fattening calories, has no nutrients and sugar has been found to damage your brain is just one week.
2. Nonorganic Strawberries
- They are drenched in deadly pesticides and fungicides and always near the top of the list of the Dirty Dozen.
- “The workers wear these suits to protect themselves from the dozens and dozens of known dangerous pesticides applied to strawberries. When I saw this, I thought to myself, if this is how berries are grown, I don’t really want to eat them anymore.” said Kenner while filming Food Inc.
- If you don’t care about your health do it for the farmers.
Solution: Grow your own organic strawberries or buy organic strawberries at a reasonable price when in season. If I cannot afford organic strawberries I just do not eat them and choose one of the many other powerfood fruits like raspberries, apples, mangos and bananas. That bright and cheery look of bacon comes from the nitrates and sweeteners.
Why: Fat and Additives