Vegan Chilli Recipe
This is my very tasty Vegan Chili recipe which is always enjoyed whenever I serve it. It is very healthy and is vegan and gluten-free too.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced, optional
- 1 - 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 carrots thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked kidney beans and water
- 2 - 4 tsp Braggs
- 1 green pepper or 1 cup chopped kale sliced
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup corn frozen works
Chop the onion, finely.
Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic till golden on medium heat.
Add cumin, coriander, and oregano and saute for a minute.
Slice carrots thinly into rounds and chop the green pepper or the kale.
Add carrots, cooked kidney beans with 1 cup of the bean water, Braggs and green pepper.
Cook till vegetables are tender.
Chop up the tomatoes.
Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Cook on medium heat until thick like the consistency of gravy, adding more water if necessary.
Add corn and cook for 2 minutes.
Serve this chili with a grain of your choice. I usually serve mine with brown rice or millet.
Now time to enjoy your 'Vegan Chilli Recipe'.
* Cayenne is easier on the digestive system then chili and there is lots of literature saying it is very good for one’s health. But you could use Chili powder or fresh chopped chilies. I actually make this without any pepper as that is my preference but when I put the recipe together I knew that the people I was making it for would have been very disappointed had there been no heat in the Chili! Use as much as you like.
For this recipe, I cook my beans instead of buying canned ones. Learn how to cook your beans from scratch according to the recipe: How to Cook Beans.
More about the Ingredients: onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrots, Braggs, green pepper, kale, tomatoes
To learn more about the benefits and how to avoid the gas experience of beans go to Beans, Beans and more Beans