Tahini Cream Sauce
This is a very simple and quick tahini cream sauce to make. The taste will vary depending on whether you have it sweet for porridge or a dessert or savory for on your grain or vegetables.
- 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame butter)
- 1/4-1/2 cup water (the reason there is such a variance in the water is that some tahini is thicker than others)
Additional Flavour Options
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 drops Light liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp Braggs Seasoning
- Spike Seasoning
- 1 clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 - 2 tsp Light Miso
- Herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme)
Blend all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork.
It will make a thick sauce.
Add more water if you would like the sauce to be thinner.
Choose whether you want this sauce to be sweet or savory and which taste appeals to you from the additional flavour options and stir it into the sauce.
If you want it savoury, then choose which of the options above you would like. Most often I use miso. If you want it as a salad dressing, use lemon juice.
Use this tahini cream sauce on top of steamed vegetables or a grain like brown rice, or even as a salad dressing.