Picnics are a favorite way for me to spend a sunny summer day with good friends or family – especially when it is a spontaneous! It can be in a park, by the riverside, at the beach or in a backyard – picnics are so much fun!
In the past few weeks I have been on a couple of picnics in which I brought all of the food as a thank you to a couple of my friends for all that they have done for me. It is so much fun to sit out on the grass amongst nature eating real food.
Here are a couple of the recipes from my picnics and ones that will be in my first e-book.
AVOCADO VEGETABLE DIP
1 ripe avocado, peeled & pitted
1 tsp. onion, finely minced
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1 – 2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tomato, chopped
Nori & Dsulse seaweed flakes to taste
1. Mash avocado.
2. Add onion, celery and lemon juice and mix in well.
3. Gently mix in chopped tomato.
4. Serve with corn chips or slices of vegetables.
HEALTHY POTATO SALAD
3 potatoes (cooked and diced)
2 stalks of celery or ½ green pepper (finely chopped)
1 carrot, chopped
Chives or chopped green onions to taste
Hand full of fresh parsley or dill weed
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tsp mustard
3 tsp lemon juice
1. Once sliced keep aside as well as some parsley.
2. Mix mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice together to make the dressing.
3. Mix all ingredients together with dressing.
4. Decorate the top with parsley.
Have you been on any picnics lately and what kinds of healthy foods do you put in your picnic basket???]