A lot of people think about eating healthy. Actually doing it is harder. What about you?
The point of this quiz is to have fun and perhaps learn some small thing about yourself and the topic. Therefore don’t sweat too much on the questions. Quick guesses are fine! Remember that all quizzes have built in bias.
Read more about the answers and the possible implications of your score after.
Note: All questions regarding food intake refer to the last 24 hours.
1. How many fresh fruits and vegetables are in your fridge or on your kitchen counter right now? Score 5 points for each one. (You would be amazed at the average)
2. How many of those fresh fruits or vegetables have you eaten in the last 24 hours? Score another 10 point for each serving.
4. How many packages of junk food have you eaten? TAKE AWAY 10 points for each serving. Junk food will be defined here as commercially manufactured food coming in packages and containing sugar, high fructose corn solids and/or salt and oils.
6. How many gluten free, non-mono cultured grains or seeds serving have you eaten in whole food form?
7. How many times have you eaten a meal and been AWARE of the acid/alkaline balance within it, the food combining appropriateness of it, the sodium/potassium balance or the live food factor? Score 10 points for each.
8. How many times have you eaten healthy sit down meals AND done so in the company of happy friends or family? 20 points
9. How many times have you had sustained activity (over 10 minutes) in the fresh air? 10 points.
10. How often do you look at a food or put your attention on it and your body tells you that it is appropriate? Score 20 points.
About The Questions:
1. We have been asking groups this question for over 20 years and the usual answer is JUST THREE TO FIVE fresh fruits and vegetables in their kitchen. If you are reading this quiz – chances are, you have more than this.
2. Most people don’t even reach the old government recommended standard of eating 5 servings per day. The US government is now suggesting 7-13 cups per day and many other countries have similar recommendations. This is one area where MORE IS BETTER.
3. Greens are perhaps one of the most concentrated nutrition within the vegetable category. Check out all the benefits of greens here: Power Up Your Day Life Popeye
Also a green smoothie is a great way to start your day with a high live alkaline nutritional punch.
4. It’s funny how almost everyone KNOWS that junk food is unhealthy for us but we eat it anyway! Here is Diana’s rant on the subject and her video description of Real Food vs Junk Food. Breaking the rules once a week or so is fine, but every day is not!
5. Some health experts argue that improper fats in our diet are the most deadly things we do to our bodies. This situation is easily remedied by SWITCHING to healthy cold pressed virgin olive oil, coconut oil or flax oil. Each one of these oils has a huge list of health benefits.
6. Seeds are powerhouses of life and nutrition. They contain everything needed to grow a new plant and they offer the same life giving properties to man if they are not excessively tampered with. Monocultured grains have had the wild reactive ‘intelligent’ genes and good nutrition breed out of them.
7. Acid/alkaline balance, digestive food-combining, and sodium potassium balance involve a certain degree of complication to learn. Once you understand the principles though, and have had practice implementing those principles, they can even make food planning simpler. That being said, most people will not bother unless they have some kind of a health challenge or important health goal to reach. Then it’s time to bring out these big guns!
8. Nourishment comes in many forms. Happiness and positive relationships have profound effects on the body. All ancient healthy cultures have traditions of coming together to ‘break bread’. This 8000 year old salutation still rings true today.
Let us eat together.
Let us be together.
Let us be vital together
Radiating the light of truth.
9. Outside exercise is related to the broader aspects of nourishment. It brings about all the obvious benefits of exercise plus the added elements of sun, stars, and fresh air.
10. Wouldn’t it be nice not to have to follow ANY rules? To eat what you like and to find out that what you like turns out to be the perfect food for you. That is the ultimate goal.
Your body certainly knows more about what it needs than your limited mind.
Unfortunately most people’s lives are so chaotic and stressed and our bodies are so unbalanced that even if we were listening we might not get clear or accurate insights. That is where food rules and principles come in. They point our attention in the right direction until we can do it on our own
What Your Score Means:
Less than 100 – You are flirting with danger.
100-200 – Good for you
200 or more – Maybe YOU should have written this article!
Remember what I said about all quizzes having bias. Standardized IQ tests have been developed and refined for decades and given to millions and there is still much controversy as to what they are really measuring.
WHAT WAS YOUR SCORE? Do you think you eat healthy?