This is a great tasty vegetable stew for cold winter days.
1 large sweet potato, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 – 3 tsp fresh grated ginger root
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups water
2/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter Garnish with roasted peanuts.
1. Chop all vegetables and garlic and ginger.
2. Put potatoes, onion and sweet potato and spices in a large cooking pot with 2 cups water.
3. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and green beans and cook 10 minutes.
5. Then add red pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Turn off heat and stir in corn.
7. Pour out a cup of the stew water and mix peanut butter in.
8. Just before serving stew, stir in peanut butter.
9. Serve with peanuts garnish if desired.
More warming and hearty recipes: