Did you know that doing a summer detoz is a very good time to detox? This is because fresh organic fruit and vegetables are much more available and that it is warm so the body finds it is easier to be in a detox process. This is a natural process. When we detox, we eliminate toxins and begin to feel healthier and eenergized
- Lemons are the best food for a detox in spring, summer and fall.
- Are highly alkalizing for the body. This helps restore balance to the body’s pH.
- Your liver loves lemons: The lemon is a wonderful stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile” says Back to Eden, Mr. Kloss.
- Lemons stimulate bile production and they help cleanse the kidneys.
- Watermelon is the number one food for a summer detox.
- Is high in dietary fiber. This helps keep the colon clean, helping cleanse your body.
- Contains glutathione that helps improve liver function. Glutathione is the body’s most powerful antioxidant and detoxifying agent.
- Is a good source of potassium. Potassium balances the high amounts of sodium in our diets which supports your kidneys and is great when cleansing.
- Reduces inflammation: Less inflammation means lower toxic load in the body.
- It is extremely alkaline-forming in the body. Fat cells contain toxicity and acid. Your body will not let go of fat cells while you are still acidic.
- Contains high amounts of citrulline. This helps to create arginine which removes ammonia and other toxins from the body.
- 1 cup of watermelon is only 47 calories. This is great for weight loss.
Read more about Watermelon Health Benefits.
- Cucumbers are helpful in helping flush toxins out of the body. The high water content in cucumbers gets your urinary system moving.
- A half-cup of sliced cucumber only has 8 calories.
- Highly Alkaline-Forming Food. Eating more alkaline-forming foods is an important part of keeping a balanced diet.