This is my idea of easy and delicious simple food and you don’t have to wait until vegetarians come to dinner to make a vegetable stew
2 medium Carrots
1 medium Zucchini
1 cup Cauliflower
1 large Onion
2 pieces Kale or a few pieces of Swiss Chard
3 – 7 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
2 tbsp. Almond oil
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Marjoram
2 Tbsp Tamari or Braggs
Black Pepper to taste
2 cups Water
- Remove skins from onions, chop fine.
- Sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil till golden brown.
- Put the onions in a large sauce pan with the water.
- Add basil, marjoram, pepper and tamari.
- Cook for 10 minutes; this is making stock for flavour.
- Chop rest of vegetables into 2 inch pieces.
- Place all vegetables into a saucepan.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes till tender. (Don’t overcook the vegetables till they’re mushy; it will taste better if there is a slight crunch to the vegetables.)
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with Crispy Tofu or protein of your choice.
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to the post.