This is my idea of easy and delicious simple food and you don’t have to wait until vegetarians come to dinner to make a vegetable stew
2 medium Carrots
1 medium Zucchini
1 cup Cauliflower
1 large Onion
2 pieces Kale or a few pieces of Swiss Chard
3 – 7 cloves Garlic, sliced (optional)
2 Tbsp Almond oil
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Marjoram
2 Tbsp Tamari or Braggs
Black Pepper to taste
2 cups Water
- Remove skins from onions, chop fine.
- Sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil till golden brown.
- Put the onions in a large sauce pan with the water.
- Add basil, marjoram, pepper and tamari.
- Cook for 10 minutes; this is making stock for flavour.
- Chop rest of vegetables into 2 inch pieces.
- Place all vegetables into a saucepan.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes till tender. (Don’t overcook the vegetables till they’re mushy; it will taste better if there is a slight crunch to the vegetables.)
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with, a grain, or Crispy Tofu or protein of your choice.
Join one of the many vegan courses at Real Food for Life.
Experience eating lots of vegetables and fruits for 2 days a week for a month. It will help you integrate plant foods into your diet.
Copyright © Diana Herrington http://www.realfoodforlife.com