This recipe was developed for Randy’s daughter in his kitchen while he was in India many years ago. I wanted to make her a very yummy and easy to make dinner; I am happy to say she loved it. Recently I prepared the recipe to test it out, take the photo above and serve it to Randy as a thank you for helping move a big plant for me. He said “with that much almond butter; of course she liked it!”
1 sm onion finely chopped
1 pkg medium firm tofu, sliced into cubes
1 large zucchini, sliced in rounds, ½ inch thick
1 large tomato, chopped
3 handfuls of spinach
1/2 cup almond butter*(add water and stir till thick and creamy)
1 – 3 Tblsp fresh ginger, chopped very finely
Ghee or almond oil
1. Sauté on medium heat in ghee or oil: tofu, onions, ginger and zucchini till golden.
2. Spray with Braggs and sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Then add spinach and tomatoes and cover, cooking for a 2 minutes.
4. Take of heat and add almond cream, mixing in.
5. Serve on top of brown basmati rice.
*You can use less almond butter (1/4 or 1/3 cup) for a less rich dish.