Last week’s article revealed the top 5 foods to avoid in 2014. These five are close behind and in some cases even more deadly. Do yourself a favor and choose from the thousands of healthy foods and Powerfoods on this planet.
1. Canned Tomatoes
Why: BPA Chemicals
The linings of the tin cans have a resin which contains bisphenol-A, or BPA. This is a synthetic estrogen that has been linked to heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and even obesity.
Breast Cancer Fund publicized its test results on canned foods marketed to kids and found that Campbell’s soups had some of the highest levels.
The Food and Drug Administration has acknowledged there may be good reason to concerned; it supports efforts to replace BPA or minimize its levels in canned food.
“You can get 50 micrograms of BPA per liter out of a tomato can, and that’s a level that is going to impact people, particularly the young. I won’t go near canned tomatoes.” says Frederick vom Saal, PhD, professor of biological sciences, University of Missouri
Solution: Buy glass bottled tomatoes or make your own ‘canned tomatoes’
2. Soda Pop
Why: Filled with sugar and chemicals.
Doctors and dietitians all agree that soda should be eliminated from your diet.
A study found that 12 year olds who drank soft drinks regularly were more likely to be overweight than those who didn’t. – The Lancet
Sugar depresses your immune system, is full of fattening calories, has no nutrients and has been found to damage your brain is just one week.
- 1 can Coca-Cola Classic has almost 10 teaspoons sugar
- 1 can Mountain Dew has 11.5 teaspoons sugar in the form of high fructose corn syrup.
- Drinking just one can of Coke a day will add an extra 14.5 pounds per year.
- Contains phosphoric acid: which is almost as acidic as battery acid and deplete your calcium reserves
- Can contains sodium benzoate: a preservative which can switch off parts of your DNA.
3. Artificial Sweeteners
Why: They do not work!