These healthy recipes for unhealthy foods are tasty as well as being good for us. I am sure you have noticed how unhealthy foods are being offered to us every day so it is good to have substitutes that are healthy.
Looking at the most unhealthy foods, here are 10 of the most unhealthy ones from in 2 posts: Top Foods to Eliminate From Your Diet and MORE Foods To Eliminate From Your Diet
Here are my 5 super healthy alternative recipes to keep you satisfied!
1. Eliminate that Bacon and Bacon Bits with all its fat and additives.
Get that salty crunch from healthy seeds.
Seed Topping for Salad, Rice or Vegetables
This is a quick way to add some extra flavour to your grain or steamed vegetables or just for a snack.
Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline forming.
1. Dry roast seeds in frying pan.
2. Stir constantly until golden brown.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Add tamari or soy sauce or Braggs.
4. Sprinkle on top of rice or vegetables.
*You can use sunflower seeds instead but they are not alkaline forming.
2. Replace Oreo Cookies or a Snickers bar with this easy homemade chocolate bar
Cherry Pecan Dark Chocolate Bar
This is a totally decadent chocolate that everyone loves.
4 squares (approx 112 gm) unsweetened chocolate*
3 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
2 Tbsp unpasteurized honey
1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia
1/4 cup pecans, roasted and chopped
1/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries chopped in half’s
- Dry roast pecans in a toaster oven or in frying pan (stir frequently so they do not burn).
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or very carefully in a saucepan.
- Oil with coconut oil a small pan of approximately 8 inches square.**
- Sprinkle evenly the cherries and pecans in the pan.
- When chocolate is melted; remove from heat.
- Mix in coconut oil and stevia.
- Then mix in honey.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over the cherries and pecans.
- Let cool in refrigerator or freezer.
- Once set, cut into squares.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator or freezer, if desired.
This recipe is just one of the many recipes in the Healthy Chocolate Project. This video course teaches you n how to make an assortment of amazingly delicious chocolates that uses only small quantities of healthy sugars and healthy oils.
2. Instead of store-bought salad dressings that are full of unhealthy fats, salts, sugars, artificial flavors, and colours.
We eat salads to be healthy. The problem is, the salad dressing can make the salad into an unhealthy meal. Make a big jar of this easy-to-make, low-calorie dressing. It’s alkalizing and healthy.
Light Lemon Oil Salad Dressing
This is a base recipe that you can make up different each time with […]