This is a very healthy dessert filled with healthy pears, coconut oil, oats and the hazelnuts which go so well with the pears making it extra yummy.
In the fall I picked so many pears from a friends tree that I had to get creative and this is one very yummy result.
5 cups pears
1. Core and slice pears.
2. Place pears in a baking dish.
1. Mix oil, sugar, salt and stevia/water together in a bowl.
2. Add brown rice flour to wet mixture.
3. Mix in well.
4. Add oatmeal and mix in well.
5. Mix thoroughly with fingers.
6. Sprinkle on top of fruit.
7. Sprinkle the chopped hazel nuts on top.
8. Pat down firmly.
9. Bake at 350º F. oven for approximately 40 minutes.
Pear Hazelnut Crumble
* Not all people who need to be gluten free have a problem with oats. For those that do there is an oatmeal that is considered gluten free.
P.S.S. Make sure the stevia is the non bitter kind. Stevia
More delicious crumble recipes: