This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too.
1 Tbsp almond oil
3 cups water
2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups chopped Swiss chard (best to use just the green leaves, save the rest for use in another dish)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
4 cups potatoes
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- Saute onion and garlic until softened in a soup pot, about 5 min.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 30 min.
- Add Swiss chard, parsley, and black pepper and cook for 10 min.
- Add almond milk and heat till hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or add a couple of cups at a time in a blender.
- Return to soup pot and reheat for 5 min so that it is hot.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and fresh dill.