This stuffed eggplant makes a delicious savory main course for dinner and it is super easy to make.
1 onion, finely chopped
2 – 4 pieces celery, chopped
1/2 green or red pepper
1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp savory
Fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp Himalayan salt
Black pepper to taste
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Steam in 1/2 cup water until almost tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the center of the eggplant, leaving 1/3 inch thick.
- Chop pulp finely.
- Sauté onion, celery, and green or red pepper until tender.
- Add and stir in bread crumbs and spices.
- Place stuffing in eggplant shells.
- Place shells in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400º for 10 to 20 minutes.
Try these delicious Main Courses:
Join me for a 2 – 5 – 30 Course
Improve Your Eating Habits Effortlessly,
Simplify Your Meal Planning,
Lose Weight and Overcome Health Challenges
All the tasty recipes at Real Food For Life are vegetarian,
gluten-free and white sugar-free.
I invite you to check more of them out by browsing the Recipes.
Copyright © Diana Herrington http://www.realfoodforlife.com