You will be surprised how this refined sugar free, packaged pectin free, recipe tastes so good! We do make our own pectin from the lemons though to help it stick together.
Directions (photos below)
- Cut up lemon rind with white bit into small pieces.
- Chop lemon seeds.
- In a small pot add lemon rind, seeds, lemon juice and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, turn down to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Strain rind and seeds out into another larger pot.
- Add strawberries (if they are large ones, cut them) and crush them down.
- Bring to a boil, turn down to medium and let the strawberries gently bubble, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add stevia and honey.
- Sprinkle the psyllium husks 1 Tbsp at a time on top of the mixture and stir in.
- While still hot, put into sterilized jars that are still hot.
- Put lid on so that they will seal.