Here is a quick, simple to make recipe of greens with a zingy lemon and a little crunch from the sesame seeds.
- 1 lb swiss chard, or mustard greens or beet tops or spinach
- 2 tsp virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Trim chard of any damaged leaves and tough stems.
- Wash well to remove all sand.
- Steam 3 to 7 minutes until leaves are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Put in a bowl and add oil.
- Serve each portion with a lemon wedge and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Note: I don’t add salt to my greens as they are naturally high in sodium.
1 cup of cooked chard has 313 mg of sodium which is 13% of the daily requirement of sodium.
Copyright © Diana Herrington You are welcome to share this article with anyone who you think may benefit from this information as long as you give credit to Real Food for Life by including the link to the home page www.RealFoodforLife.com or the direct link to this post.