Be strong like Popeye and eat your spinach in a fun tasty salad.
1 pound fresh spinach
4 inches of cucumber
2 celery stalks
1/4 cup pumpkin seed, roasted till golden
2 mandarin orange sections
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
few drops of stevia
Tamari or Braggs to taste
1 avocado, diced
1 – 3 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped small (optional)
- Wash and trim spinach; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, stevia, garlic and Tamari or Braggs in a jar; mix in diced avocado, coating well with the dressing.
- Chop celery and cucumber for salad.
- Toss spinach, cucumber, celery and pumpkin seeds with avocado and dressing.
- Add mandarin orange sections and toss spinach salad again.