I love this vegan peppermint pesto during the hot summer. Try it on raw zucchini pasta.
1 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves
1/2 cup Walnuts + 1/4 cup
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1 – 3 Garlic cloves (optional)
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
1/2 cup Virgin Olive Oil
- In a blender combine the lemon juice and oil, blend.
- Add the mint and basil leaves slowly and pulse until it just comes together.
- Blend in garlic and salt.
- Now add the walnuts while pulsing on and off.
- Put in jar and mix in the rest of the walnuts.
Pesto keeps very well; it is delicious for a few days (mine seems good for at least a week) and it freezes well, too.
Here are some more delicious recipes: