These are awesomely delicious! They even melt like regular shortbread and they are gluten free.
This recipe is our gift to you for Christmas. It is normally only available on our Gluten Free Holiday Baking Class.
I was determined keep out the unhealthy starches that are so often found in many gluten free recipe. I put in only a little of the healthy arrowroot and of course no white sugar. To get this just right I was in the kitchen re-baking it again and again with different formulas five times till I got it just right. The fourth time they were delicious but very fragile so they fell apart. The recipe that follows is the fifth time and they worked out perfectly.
- Mix well coconut oil, coconut sugar and liquid stevia.
- Mix flours, arrowroot and salt in another bowl.
- Add flour slowly to coconut oil mixture while beating.
- Form into small 1 inch balls.
- Roll into pecans.
- Put on coconut greased cookie sheet and flatten with palm of hand.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes at 325º F.
- Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to racks or they will crumble.
Makes 24 – 26 cookies
*Melt coconut oil on very low heat.
Note: This recipe is for subscribers to Real Food For Life only. Please do not share this page.
To Download This Recipe: Right click on this link and save: Pecan Shortbread Cookies