Peanut Butter Sauce with Ginger
This is one of those life saver recipes when you have a sudden, unexpectedly dinner guest.
Steamed vegetables and rice is simple and fast but what do you jazz it up with?
Answer: Peanut butter sauce with ginger is enjoyed by everyone!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp peanut oil or coconut oil
1 – 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
1 – 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 cup water
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp. tamari or soya sauce or 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Directions: See pictures below:
- Sauté onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Mix together tamari or salt with 1 cup water.
- Turn heat down to low and add a half cup of water and the peanut butter.
- When well mixed, add the rest of the water to peanut butter mixture and mix.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Serve on top of steamed vegetables.
Fall Veg & Wild Rice with Peanut Butter Sauce
Fun Optional Additions:
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Few drops of stevia or 1 tsp honey
- Instead of add ginger add basil
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you
once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.