This is a very delicious nut loaf which is a favourite of mine.
½ cup cashews
½ cup almonds
10 almonds for decoration
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup walnuts (chopped)
1 cup cooked, short grain brown rice
1/3 cup soy flour or chick pea flour
4 – 6 tbsp soy sauce or 1 – 2 tbsp vegie salt
2 celery sticks
¼ cup water
2 tsp basil
2 tsp. marjoram
2 tbsp flax meal
1. Lightly roast cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in the oven.
2. Chop and sauté onion and celery.
3. Chop all the nuts and seeds.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and moistening with water.
5. Pat mixture into a well-oiled bread tin.
6. Decorate top with 10 almonds and line bottom of tin with grease proof paper.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes.
More delicious ways to get nuts into your diet: