Yummy maple glazed pecans are so delicious. This is a candy, so we want to just eat a few. The good news is that it uses a small amount of maple syrup instead of lots of sugar.
Exotic pecans are for sure one of my favourite nuts and they make a wonderful present. This is a very easy recipe to make and much healthier than the ones filled with white sugar.
Maple Glazed Pecans
1. Add pecans to a dry frying pan and toast until lightly browned over a medium flame for 3-4 minutes, always stirring.
2. Turn flame to low, add the coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes, until the maple syrup has caramelized on the pecans.
3. Leave in pan for a few more minutes.
4. Then spread the pecans out on a large plate.
5. Let them cool completely before eating because they taste better that way!
Try these other delicious ways to use pecans:
Cherry Pecan Dark Chocolate Bar – a totally decadent chocolate
Baked Sweet Potatoes – baked sweet potatoes with coconut oil and pecans are a delicious combination
Roasted Brussels Sprouts – an exceptionally tasty dish fit for a celebration meal
Get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with more information about these foods subscribe to the newsletter.
Join the Healthy Chocolate Project – Learn how to make healthy chocolate. All vegan and only small amounts of healthy sugars are used. A couple of the recipes are raw too.
Copyright © Diana Herrington http://www.realfoodforlife.com