There is a controversy about whether oats is a gluten grain. There have been recent studies showing that oats are not the source of a celiac reaction. Here is one such study: http://www.celiac.com/New-Study-Shows-Eating-Oats-Safe-for-Patients-with-Celiac-Disease
The research is saying that milled oats are often contaminated with gluten grains.
“It is now generally accepted that non-contaminated gluten-free oats are safe for a celiac disease diet, with the exception of a small minority of celiacs who may have an additional intolerance to Avenin.” Says: www.Celiac.com on Oats
Note:If you are considering going gluten free or wondering if you should
- Read Diana’s article on the Dangers of Common Gluten Free Products
- Read the article: Do You Need to Eat a Gluten Free Diet with Dr. Oz’s self test.
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to better understand some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out some of Diana’s gluten free recipes by going to the categories section on the right sidebar and finding ‘gluten free’. You can also do a search from the right sidebar.
- Consider doing a Healthy BootCamp. All of the recipes your receive for the BootCamp will be gluten free and particularly the upcoming Healthy Baking BootCamp which focuses on gluten free baking.