These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. Best thing is that they are full of very healthy ingredients and are vegan too. They do have a bit of a drier texture than the ones with wheat in them but don’t be concerned and are still yummy.
3/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
4 tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar (which will give a slight coconut flavour)
1 tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp stevia
4 tbsp chickpea flour or soy flour
1 cup water
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup sultanas or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine oil, sucanat, stevia and molasses until creamy.
3. Stir in soy flour and water
4. Then mix in other flours, baking powder, salt and spices.
5. Mix in fruit and nuts.
6. Roll into 1-inch balls and flatten with a fork on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy your gluten-free cookies once they have cooled down. YUM!
Cinnamon is one of the oldest known spices. The darker the cinnamon the better it is.