These cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. They have a bit of a dryer texture then the ones with wheat in them so don’t be concerned and are still yummy.
3/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
4 tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar (which will give a slight coconut flavour)
1 tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp stevia
4 tbsp chick pea flour or soy flour
1 cup water
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup sultanas
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine butter, sucanat, stevia and molasses until creamy.
3. Stir in soy flour and water
4. Then mix in other flours, baking powder, salt and spices.
5. Mix in fruit and nuts.
6. Roll into 1-inch balls and flatten with a fork on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Cinnamon is one of the oldest known spices. The darker the cinnamon the better it is.
Get more super healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
Copyright © Diana Herrington at www.RealFoodforLife.com