This is a wonderful Italian dish made with pasta and green beans which is easy to make and great to eat.
- Trim and halve your green beans.
- Steam green beans for about 10 minutes.
- Remove top of the steamer with beans in.
- Make sure there is enough water in the steamer to cook the pasta.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook to desired tenderness.
- Then drain pasta, keeping 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Return pasta to empty pot along with the cooked beans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of basil pesto with a ½ cup of the pasta water and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and beans, mix in.
- Serve immediately.
Discover more tasty pesto recipes that you can use with this dish: