These cornmeal pancakes are my version without the milk or eggs. Good news is that if you are honoring Lent you can still eat them. Whenever I make these pancakes no one seems to notice the lack of those two ingredients.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 2 tbsp Flax meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (Himalayan salt)
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- Plus oil for frying pancakes in
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
3. Pour water and oil into the center.
4. Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
5. Mix only until moistened – taking care, not to over-mix (small lumps are normal).
6. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the batter into a hot oiled frying pan.
7. Fry on medium heat.
8. Turn when bubbles form on top and brown the other side.
Try the Orange Syrup on your Cornmeal Pancakes.
Also: Honey Syrup
More Cornmeal Gluten Free Recipes
Cornmeal Porridge – This is my favourite porridge. Some call it grits, others polenta or mush. Here is the basic version which can be dressed up however you please.
Date Walnut Cornmeal Muffins -Gluten free-Vegan – These simple, yummy muffins are full of healthy ingredients. They are also gluten free. You will be amazed how sweet they are since there is no added sugar!
Join the Healthy Baking Online Class Gluten, Soy, Dairy and Sugar-Free