These gluten-free vegan shortbread cookies are awesomely delicious! They even melt in your mouth like regular shortbread. I was determined to keep out the unhealthy starches, adding only a little healthy arrowroot and of course no white sugar.
These cookies are one of the many recipes in my Healthy Baking Class
Gluten-Free Vegan Shortbread Cookies with Pecans
1 cup virgin Coconut oil, melted on very low heat.
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of liquid stevia
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
2/3 cup White Rice Flour
1/3 cup potato flour
1/4 cup Arrowroot
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. In a bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and liquid stevia and mix well.
2. Mix flours, arrowroot, and salt in another bowl.
3. Add flour slowly to coconut oil mixture while beating.
4. Form into small 1 inch balls.
5. Roll into pecans.
6. Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
7. Place balls onto greased cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
8. Bake 8 – 10 minutes at 325º F.
9. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack or they will crumble.
Makes 24 – 26 cookies
Here are more delicious cookie recipes:
Fancy Sunflower Seed Cookies – Gluten Free – fancy, delicious and healthy too.
Delicious Gluten-Free Hermit Cookies – these are filled with healthy ingredients.
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten-free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
Learn to Bake Healthy Sweets.
Gluten Free, No Soy, Vegan (no Dairy or Eggs),
and Sugar-Free. Sinfully Delicious and Healthy Too!
Sign up for my Healthy Baking Class
Copyright © Diana Herrington http://www.realfoodforlife.com