This recipe is my version of pancakes without the milk or eggs. Good news is that if you are honoring Lent you can still eat them. Whenever I make these pancakes no one seems to notice the lack of those two ingredients.
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 2 tbsp Flax meal
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
1. Mix dry ingredients together.
2. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
3. Pour water and oil into the center.
4. Mix together with a large wooden spoon.
5. Mix only until moistened – taking care, not to over-mix (small lumps are normal).
6. Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the batter into a hot oiled frying pan.
7. Fry on medium heat.
8. Turn when bubbles form on top and brown the other side.
Try the Orange Syrup on this Pancakes.
Also: Honey Syrup
Join the Healthy Baking Online Class Gluten, Soy, Dairy and Sugar-Free
Healthy Baking Class Gluten Free Cookies